Friday, January 27, 2006

Falconry


Art © Manny Carrasco

I recently came across this interview with Clayburn Moore talking about this latest sculpting collaboration with Frank Cho. Frank’s an old friend of this blog, as are the two people who hooked him up with Clay, Mark Schultz and Manny ("Space Jam," "Anastasia") Carrasco, a very talented artist and animator in the videogame and animation business. While I’ve plugged both Frank and Mark here from time to time, I’ve never mentioned Manny before. Well that ends now.

In addition to his many talents, Manny has been an active falconer for many years and is currently working on his own illustrated book on the subject. A few weeks ago Manny sent along this t-shirt design that he had whipped up in “about an hour”. Since the palaeoblog likes to cover dinosaurs both extinct and extant I thought I’d share it with you all. Manny promises to send along photos of some of his birds in action and I’ll post some of the best here. One of these days, Manny, Mark and I are going to hunt for fossils on Manny’s family ranch in Mexico.